The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) is the biggest provider of third-party funding in Switzerland for social science and humanities research (career and project support).
(Please submit SNSF applications and information to the University of Lucerne Research Promotion Unit)
Doc.CH grants for doctoral students in Switzerland (excellence awards, salary)
Doc.Mobility: mobility grant for doctoral students for a research stay abroad
Early Postdoc.Mobility: mobility grant for postdoctoral students for a research stay abroad
More information ref. the end of the mobility fellowships and Doc.CH 2021 onwards
Postdoc.Mobility: mobility grant for postdoctoral students for a research stay abroad
Promotion of women
PRIMA (Promoting Women in Accademia)
Individual short visits (from postdoc level)
The SNSF supports humanities and social sciences projects on two levels:
The SNSF supports academic conferences (colloquia, symposia etc.). Applications must be submitted six months before the date of the event.
The SNSF also supports International Exploratory Workshops such as those held at the University of Lucerne, lasting for a few days and offering academic exchange.
The SNSF strives to promote international integration for Swiss researchers. To this end, it offers a range of support tools.
Tender deadlines and information
The SNSF website lists all submission deadlines and information (regulations, instructions etc.) for all funding areas. SNSF applications must be submitted via the mySNF platform.
mySNF and current tenders
- http://www.snf.ch/de/foerderung/karrieren/Seiten/default.aspxhttp://www.snf.ch/de/foerderung/karrieren/Seiten/default.aspxSNSF career promotion tools
SNSF fellowship programme 2014
(Letters of reference must be submitted with the application.)
|Fellowship||Deadlines (annual)||Evaluation SNSF-FK (UniLu)||Evaluation SNSF (Berne)|
|for promising researchers|
|(phase 2) |
*Grant towards employment at a university (not a fellowship)
Regulations, instructions and documentation
- Reglement der lokalen Forschungskommission des SNF an der Universität Luzern
- SNF: Doc.CH
- Early Postdoc.Mobility
- Advanced Postdoc.Mobiltiy
- One submission deadline per year: 13 February 2015
- One tender per year: mid-November
- One tender per year: early February
- One submission deadline per year: early May
Career promotion for female academics
- One tender per year: early May
- One submission deadline per year: early August
- Available at any time, no submission deadlines
Important: applications must be submitted at least two months before the beginning of the planned trip.
Project funding, free research
Science communication with contributions towards:
Conferences, International Exploratory Workshops, publications and dissemination
- Applications at any time, no submission deadlines
Important: applications for conferences must be submitted at least six months before the conference begins, and for publications before going to press.